Orleans County, Vermont - Assessor's Office
The Orleans County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Orleans County, Vermont. You can contact the Orleans County Assessor for:
- Checking the Orleans County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Orleans County Assessor's Office is located in North Troy, Vermont.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Orleans County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Orleans County Information
Orleans County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Orleans County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Orleans County Tax Appraiser.
- The Orleans County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Orleans County.
- The Orleans County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Orleans County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Orleans County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Orleans County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Orleans County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 802-988-4700. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Orleans County assessor's office at 802-327-0070. Please call the assessor's office in North Troy before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352