Town of South Hero, Vermont - Assessor's Office
The Town of South Hero Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of South Hero, Vermont. You can contact the Town of South Hero Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Town of South Hero property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
The Town of South Hero Assessor's Office is located in South Hero, Grand Isle County, Vermont.
Town of South Hero Assessor Contact Information
Additional Town of South Hero Information
Town of South Hero Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of South Hero Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of South Hero Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of South Hero Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of South Hero.
- The Town of South Hero Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of South Hero Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of South Hero, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of South Hero about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of South Hero Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 802-372-5552. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in South Hero before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.