Uintah County, Utah - Assessor's Office
The Uintah County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Uintah County, Utah. You can contact the Uintah County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Uintah County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
152 E 100 NThe Uintah County Assessor's Office is located in Vernal, Utah. Vernal is the county seat of Uintah County, where most local government offices are located.
Uintah County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Uintah County Information
Uintah County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Uintah County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Uintah County Tax Appraiser.
- The Uintah County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Uintah County.
- The Uintah County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Uintah County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Uintah County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Uintah County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Uintah County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 435-781-5347. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Vernal before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the State And Uintah County Courthouse at 435-781-0770.