Sevier County, Utah - Assessor's Office
The Sevier County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sevier County, Utah. You can contact the Sevier County Assessor for:
- Checking the Sevier County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
P.O. Box 517The Sevier County Assessor's Office is located in Richfield, Utah. Richfield is the county seat of Sevier County, where most local government offices are located.
Sevier County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sevier County Information
Sevier County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sevier County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sevier County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sevier County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sevier County.
- The Sevier County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sevier County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sevier County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sevier County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sevier County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 435-893-0431. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sevier County assessor's office at 435-896-8888. Please call the assessor's office in Richfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sevier County Courthouse at 435-896-9262.