Salt Lake County, Utah - Assessor's Office
The Salt Lake County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Salt Lake County, Utah. You can contact the Salt Lake County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Salt Lake County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
2001 S State St Ste N2100The Salt Lake County Assessor's Office is located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Salt Lake City is the county seat of Salt Lake County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Salt Lake County Government Center, at 2001 South State Street N2300.
Salt Lake County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Salt Lake County Information
Salt Lake County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Salt Lake County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Salt Lake County Tax Appraiser.
- The Salt Lake County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Salt Lake County.
- The Salt Lake County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Salt Lake County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Salt Lake County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Salt Lake County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Salt Lake County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 801-468-3050. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Salt Lake City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Salt Lake County Government Center at 801-468-3532.