Piute County, Utah - Assessor's Office
The Piute County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Piute County, Utah. You can contact the Piute County Assessor for:
- Checking the Piute County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
550 N Main StThe Piute County Assessor's Office is located in Junction, Utah. Junction is the county seat of Piute County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Piute County Courthouse, at 550 North Main Street.
Piute County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Piute County Information
Piute County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Piute County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Piute County Tax Appraiser.
- The Piute County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Piute County.
- The Piute County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Piute County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Piute County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Piute County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Piute County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 435-577-2988. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Piute County assessor's office at 435-577-2433. Please call the assessor's office in Junction before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Piute County Courthouse at 435-577-2840.