Davis County, Utah - Assessor's Office
The Davis County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Davis County, Utah. You can contact the Davis County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Davis County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
P.O. Box 618, 28 East StateThe Davis County Assessor's Office is located in the Davis County Memorial Courthouse in Farmington, Utah. Farmington is the county seat of Davis County, where most local government offices are located.
Davis County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Davis County Information
Davis County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Davis County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Davis County Tax Appraiser.
- The Davis County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Davis County.
- The Davis County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Davis County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Davis County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Davis County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Davis County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 801-451-3250. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Davis County assessor's office at 801-451-3133. Please call the assessor's office in Farmington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Davis County Courthouse at 801-451-3420.