Box Elder County, Utah - Assessor's Office
The Box Elder County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Box Elder County, Utah. You can contact the Box Elder County Assessor for:
- Checking the Box Elder County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1 S Main StThe Box Elder County Assessor's Office is located in Brigham City, Utah. Brigham City is the county seat of Box Elder County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Box Elder County Courthouse, at 1 South Main Street.
Box Elder County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Box Elder County Information
Box Elder County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Box Elder County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Box Elder County Tax Appraiser.
- The Box Elder County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Box Elder County.
- The Box Elder County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Box Elder County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Box Elder County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Box Elder County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Box Elder County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 435-734-3389. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Brigham City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Box Elder County Courthouse at 435-734-3300.