Zavala County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Zavala County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Zavala County, Texas. You can contact the Zavala County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Zavala County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
200 E Uvalde StThe Zavala County Assessor's Office is located in Crystal City, Texas. Crystal City is the county seat of Zavala County, where most local government offices are located.
Zavala County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Zavala County Information
Zavala County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Zavala County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Zavala County Tax Appraiser.
- The Zavala County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Zavala County.
- The Zavala County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Zavala County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Zavala County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Zavala County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Zavala County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-374-2351. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Zavala County assessor's office at 830-374-5775. Please call the assessor's office in Crystal City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Zavala County Courthouse at 830-374-3810.