Zapata County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Zapata County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Zapata County, Texas. You can contact the Zapata County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Zapata County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
PO Box 99The Zapata County Assessor's Office is located in Zapata, Texas. Zapata is the county seat of Zapata County, where most local government offices are located.
Zapata County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Zapata County Information
Zapata County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Zapata County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Zapata County Tax Appraiser.
- The Zapata County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Zapata County.
- The Zapata County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Zapata County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Zapata County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Zapata County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Zapata County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 956-765-9971. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Zapata County assessor's office at 956-765-8638. Please call the assessor's office in Zapata before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Zapata County Courthouse at 956-765-9920.