Young County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Young County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Young County, Texas. You can contact the Young County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Young County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
516 4Th St Ste 104The Young County Assessor's Office is located in Graham, Texas. Graham is the county seat of Young County, where most local government offices are located.
Young County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Young County Information
Young County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Young County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Young County Tax Appraiser.
- The Young County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Young County.
- The Young County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Young County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Young County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Young County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Young County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-549-1393. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Young County assessor's office at 940-549-5160. Please call the assessor's office in Graham before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Young County Courthouse at 940-521-9487.