Wood County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Wood County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wood County, Texas. You can contact the Wood County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Wood County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 938The Wood County Assessor's Office is located in Quitman, Texas. Quitman is the county seat of Wood County, where most local government offices are located.
Wood County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wood County Information
Wood County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wood County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wood County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wood County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wood County.
- The Wood County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wood County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wood County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wood County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wood County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-763-2261. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wood County assessor's office at 903-763-5753. Please call the assessor's office in Quitman before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wood County Courthouse at 903-763-2716.