Winkler County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Winkler County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Winkler County, Texas. You can contact the Winkler County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Winkler County property tax due date
PO BOX 1007The Winkler County Assessor's Office is located in Kermit, Texas. Kermit is the county seat of Winkler County, where most local government offices are located.
Winkler County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Winkler County Information
Winkler County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Winkler County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Winkler County Tax Appraiser.
- The Winkler County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Winkler County.
- The Winkler County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Winkler County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Winkler County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Winkler County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Winkler County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 432-586-3465. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Winkler County assessor's office at 432-586-6925. Please call the assessor's office in Kermit before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Winkler County Courthouse at 432-586-6658.