Wilson County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Wilson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wilson County, Texas. You can contact the Wilson County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Wilson County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1420 3Rd StThe Wilson County Assessor's Office is located in Floresville, Texas. Floresville is the county seat of Wilson County, where most local government offices are located.
Wilson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wilson County Information
Wilson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wilson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wilson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wilson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wilson County.
- The Wilson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wilson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wilson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wilson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wilson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-393-7313. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wilson County assessor's office at 830-393-7359. Please call the assessor's office in Floresville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wilson County Courthouse at 830-393-3126.