Willacy County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Willacy County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Willacy County, Texas. You can contact the Willacy County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Willacy County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
190 N 3Rd StThe Willacy County Assessor's Office is located in Raymondville, Texas. Raymondville is the county seat of Willacy County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Willacy County Courthouse, at 190 North 3rd Street.
Willacy County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Willacy County Information
Willacy County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Willacy County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Willacy County Tax Appraiser.
- The Willacy County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Willacy County.
- The Willacy County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Willacy County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Willacy County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Willacy County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Willacy County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 956-689-3621. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Willacy County assessor's office at 956-689-3910. Please call the assessor's office in Raymondville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Willacy County Courthouse at 956-689-3393.