Wilbarger County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Wilbarger County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wilbarger County, Texas. You can contact the Wilbarger County Assessor for:
- Checking the Wilbarger County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
1700 Wilbarger StThe Wilbarger County Assessor's Office is located in Vernon, Texas. Vernon is the county seat of Wilbarger County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Wilbarger County Courthouse, at 1700 Wilbarger Street, Room 17.
Wilbarger County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wilbarger County Information
Wilbarger County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wilbarger County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wilbarger County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wilbarger County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wilbarger County.
- The Wilbarger County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wilbarger County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wilbarger County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wilbarger County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wilbarger County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-552-9341. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wilbarger County assessor's office at 940-553-2324. Please call the assessor's office in Vernon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wilbarger County Courthouse at 940-553-2300.