Wichita County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Wichita County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wichita County, Texas. You can contact the Wichita County Assessor for:
- Checking the Wichita County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
900 7Th StThe Wichita County Assessor's Office is located in Wichita Falls, Texas. Wichita Falls is the county seat of Wichita County, where most local government offices are located.
Wichita County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wichita County Information
Wichita County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wichita County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wichita County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wichita County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wichita County.
- The Wichita County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wichita County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wichita County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wichita County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wichita County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-766-8200. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Wichita Falls before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wichita County Courthouse at 940-766-8100.