Wheeler County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Wheeler County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wheeler County, Texas. You can contact the Wheeler County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Wheeler County property tax due date
PO BOX 465The Wheeler County Assessor's Office is located in the Wheeler County Courthouse in Wheeler, Texas. Wheeler is the county seat of Wheeler County, where most local government offices are located.
Wheeler County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wheeler County Information
Wheeler County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wheeler County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wheeler County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wheeler County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wheeler County.
- The Wheeler County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wheeler County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wheeler County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wheeler County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wheeler County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-826-3131. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wheeler County assessor's office at 806--826-3282. Please call the assessor's office in Wheeler before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wheeler County Courthouse at 806-826-5544.