Wharton County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Wharton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wharton County, Texas. You can contact the Wharton County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Wharton County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 69The Wharton County Assessor's Office is located in Wharton, Texas. Wharton is the county seat of Wharton County, where most local government offices are located.
Wharton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wharton County Information
Wharton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wharton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wharton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wharton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wharton County.
- The Wharton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wharton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wharton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wharton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wharton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 979-532-3312. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wharton County assessor's office at 979-532-3897. Please call the assessor's office in Wharton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wharton County Courthouse at 979-532-2381.