Ward County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Ward County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ward County, Texas. You can contact the Ward County Assessor for:
- Checking the Ward County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
400 S Allen StThe Ward County Assessor's Office is located in Monahans, Texas. Monahans is the county seat of Ward County, where most local government offices are located.
Ward County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ward County Information
Ward County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ward County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ward County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ward County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ward County.
- The Ward County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ward County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ward County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ward County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ward County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 432-943-2546. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ward County assessor's office at 432-943-2745. Please call the assessor's office in Monahans before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ward County Courthouse at 432-943-3209.