Waller County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Waller County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Waller County, Texas. You can contact the Waller County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Waller County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
836 Austin Street, Ste 316The Waller County Assessor's Office is located in Hempstead, Texas. Hempstead is the county seat of Waller County, where most local government offices are located.
Waller County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Waller County Information
Waller County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Waller County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Waller County Tax Appraiser.
- The Waller County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Waller County.
- The Waller County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Waller County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Waller County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Waller County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Waller County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 979-826-7620. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Waller County assessor's office at 979-826-7619. Please call the assessor's office in Hempstead before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Waller County Courthouse at 979-826-3357.