Walker County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Walker County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Walker County, Texas. You can contact the Walker County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Walker County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1100 University AveThe Walker County Assessor's Office is located in Huntsville, Texas. Huntsville is the county seat of Walker County, where most local government offices are located.
Walker County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Walker County Information
Walker County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Walker County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Walker County Tax Appraiser.
- The Walker County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Walker County.
- The Walker County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Walker County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Walker County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Walker County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Walker County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 936-295-0402. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Walker County assessor's office at 936-295-3061. Please call the assessor's office in Huntsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Walker County Courthouse at 936-436-4922.