Victoria County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Victoria County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Victoria County, Texas. You can contact the Victoria County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Victoria County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
115 N Bridge StThe Victoria County Assessor's Office is located in Victoria, Texas. Victoria is the county seat of Victoria County, where most local government offices are located.
Victoria County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Victoria County Information
Victoria County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Victoria County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Victoria County Tax Appraiser.
- The Victoria County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Victoria County.
- The Victoria County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Victoria County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Victoria County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Victoria County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Victoria County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 361-576-3671. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Victoria County assessor's office at 361-576-0477. Please call the assessor's office in Victoria before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Victoria County Courthouse at 361-575-4558.