Van Zandt County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Van Zandt County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Van Zandt County, Texas. You can contact the Van Zandt County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Van Zandt County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
121 E. Dallas Street, Room 201The Van Zandt County Assessor's Office is located in Canton, Texas. Canton is the county seat of Van Zandt County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Van Zandt County Courthouse, at 121 East Dallas Street, Suite 203.
Van Zandt County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Van Zandt County Information
Van Zandt County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Van Zandt County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Van Zandt County Tax Appraiser.
- The Van Zandt County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Van Zandt County.
- The Van Zandt County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Van Zandt County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Van Zandt County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Van Zandt County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Van Zandt County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-567-6511. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Van Zandt County assessor's office at 903-567-2944. Please call the assessor's office in Canton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Van Zandt County Courthouse at 903-567-4071.