Val Verde County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Val Verde County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Val Verde County, Texas. You can contact the Val Verde County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Val Verde County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 4250The Val Verde County Assessor's Office is located in Del Rio, Texas. Del Rio is the county seat of Val Verde County, where most local government offices are located.
Val Verde County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Val Verde County Information
Val Verde County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Val Verde County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Val Verde County Tax Appraiser.
- The Val Verde County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Val Verde County.
- The Val Verde County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Val Verde County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Val Verde County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Val Verde County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Val Verde County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-774-7535. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Val Verde County assessor's office at 830-775-7282. Please call the assessor's office in Del Rio before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Val Verde County Courthouse at 830-774-7501.