Uvalde County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Uvalde County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Uvalde County, Texas. You can contact the Uvalde County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Uvalde County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
P.O. Box 284The Uvalde County Assessor's Office is located in Uvalde, Texas. Uvalde is the county seat of Uvalde County, where most local government offices are located.
Uvalde County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Uvalde County Information
Uvalde County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Uvalde County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Uvalde County Tax Appraiser.
- The Uvalde County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Uvalde County.
- The Uvalde County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Uvalde County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Uvalde County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Uvalde County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Uvalde County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-278-3225. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Uvalde before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Uvalde County Courthouse at 830-278-3216.