Upton County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Upton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Upton County, Texas. You can contact the Upton County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Upton County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 482The Upton County Assessor's Office is located in Rankin, Texas. Rankin is the county seat of Upton County, where most local government offices are located.
Upton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Upton County Information
Upton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Upton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Upton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Upton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Upton County.
- The Upton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Upton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Upton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Upton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Upton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 432-693-2572. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Upton County assessor's office at 432-693-2243. Please call the assessor's office in Rankin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Upton County Courthouse at 432-693-2321.