Trinity County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Trinity County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Trinity County, Texas. You can contact the Trinity County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Trinity County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
162 West First StreetThe Trinity County Assessor's Office is located in Groveton, Texas. Groveton is the county seat of Trinity County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Trinity County Courthouse, at 162 West 1st Street.
Trinity County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Trinity County Information
Trinity County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Trinity County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Trinity County Tax Appraiser.
- The Trinity County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Trinity County.
- The Trinity County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Trinity County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Trinity County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Trinity County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Trinity County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 936-642-1637. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Trinity County assessor's office at 936-642-2609. Please call the assessor's office in Groveton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Trinity County Courthouse at 936-642-1746.