Travis County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Travis County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Travis County, Texas. You can contact the Travis County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Travis County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
314 W 11Th StreetThe Travis County Assessor's Office is located in Austin, Texas. Austin is the county seat of Travis County, where most local government offices are located.
Travis County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Travis County Information
Travis County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Travis County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Travis County Tax Appraiser.
- The Travis County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Travis County.
- The Travis County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Travis County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Travis County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Travis County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Travis County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 512-854-9473. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Travis County assessor's office at 512-854-9056. Please call the assessor's office in Austin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Travis County government at 512-854-9020.