Tom Green County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Tom Green County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tom Green County, Texas. You can contact the Tom Green County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Tom Green County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
112 W Beauregard AveThe Tom Green County Assessor's Office is located in San Angelo, Texas. San Angelo is the county seat of Tom Green County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Tom Green County Courthouse, at 113 West Beauregard.
Tom Green County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Tom Green County Information
Tom Green County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tom Green County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tom Green County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tom Green County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tom Green County.
- The Tom Green County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tom Green County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tom Green County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tom Green County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tom Green County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-658-5575. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Tom Green County assessor's office at 325-655-3450. Please call the assessor's office in San Angelo before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Tom Green County Courthouse at 325-653-2385.