Titus County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Titus County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Titus County, Texas. You can contact the Titus County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Titus County property tax due date
100 W 1St St Ste 200The Titus County Assessor's Office is located in Mt. Pleasant, Texas.
Titus County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Titus County Information
Titus County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Titus County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Titus County Tax Appraiser.
- The Titus County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Titus County.
- The Titus County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Titus County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Titus County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Titus County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Titus County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-577-6712. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Titus County assessor's office at 903-577-6714. Please call the assessor's office in Mt. Pleasant before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Titus County Courthouse at 903-577-6791.