Throckmorton County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Throckmorton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Throckmorton County, Texas. You can contact the Throckmorton County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Throckmorton County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 700The Throckmorton County Assessor's Office is located in Throckmorton, Texas. Throckmorton is the county seat of Throckmorton County, where most local government offices are located.
Throckmorton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Throckmorton County Information
Throckmorton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Throckmorton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Throckmorton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Throckmorton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Throckmorton County.
- The Throckmorton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Throckmorton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Throckmorton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Throckmorton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Throckmorton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-849-3431. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Throckmorton County assessor's office at 940-849-3220. Please call the assessor's office in Throckmorton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Throckmorton County Courthouse at 940-849-3081.