Terry County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Terry County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Terry County, Texas. You can contact the Terry County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Terry County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
500 West Main - Room 102The Terry County Assessor's Office is located in Brownfield, Texas. Brownfield is the county seat of Terry County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Terry County Courthouse, at 500 West Main Street, Room 106.
Terry County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Terry County Information
Terry County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Terry County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Terry County Tax Appraiser.
- The Terry County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Terry County.
- The Terry County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Terry County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Terry County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Terry County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Terry County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-637-7534. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Terry County assessor's office at 806-637-9215. Please call the assessor's office in Brownfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Terry County Courthouse at 806-637-6421.