Taylor County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Taylor County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Taylor County, Texas. You can contact the Taylor County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Taylor County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
300 Oak StThe Taylor County Assessor's Office is located in Abilene, Texas. Abilene is the county seat of Taylor County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Taylor County Courthouse, at 400 Oak Street.
Taylor County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Taylor County Information
Taylor County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Taylor County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Taylor County Tax Appraiser.
- The Taylor County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Taylor County.
- The Taylor County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Taylor County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Taylor County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Taylor County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Taylor County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-674-1224. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Taylor County assessor's office at 325-674-1394. Please call the assessor's office in Abilene before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Taylor County Courthouse at 325-674-1202.