Tarrant County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Tarrant County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tarrant County, Texas. You can contact the Tarrant County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Tarrant County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
100 E. Weatherford StreetThe Tarrant County Assessor's Office is located in Fort Worth, Texas. Fort Worth is the county seat of Tarrant County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Tarrant County Courthouse, at 100 East Weatherford Street.
Tarrant County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Tarrant County Information
Tarrant County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tarrant County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tarrant County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tarrant County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tarrant County.
- The Tarrant County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tarrant County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tarrant County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tarrant County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tarrant County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 817-884-1100. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Fort Worth before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Tarrant County Courthouse at 817-884-1111.