Swisher County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Swisher County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Swisher County, Texas. You can contact the Swisher County Assessor for:
- Checking the Swisher County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
119 S Maxwell AveThe Swisher County Assessor's Office is located in Tulia, Texas. Tulia is the county seat of Swisher County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Swisher County Courthouse, at 119 South Maxwell Street.
Swisher County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Swisher County Information
Swisher County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Swisher County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Swisher County Tax Appraiser.
- The Swisher County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Swisher County.
- The Swisher County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Swisher County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Swisher County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Swisher County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Swisher County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-995-3513. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Swisher County assessor's office at 806-995-4572. Please call the assessor's office in Tulia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Swisher County Courthouse at 806-995-3294.