Sutton County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Sutton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sutton County, Texas. You can contact the Sutton County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Sutton County property tax due date
300 E Oak St Ste 3The Sutton County Assessor's Office is located in Sonora, Texas. Sonora is the county seat of Sutton County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Sutton County Courthouse, at 300 East Oak Street.
Sutton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sutton County Information
Sutton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sutton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sutton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sutton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sutton County.
- The Sutton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sutton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sutton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sutton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sutton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-387-2342. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sutton County assessor's office at 325-387-5166. Please call the assessor's office in Sonora before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sutton County Courthouse at 325-387-3815.