Stonewall County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Stonewall County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Stonewall County, Texas. You can contact the Stonewall County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Stonewall County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX PThe Stonewall County Assessor's Office is located in Aspermont, Texas. Aspermont is the county seat of Stonewall County, where most local government offices are located.
Stonewall County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Stonewall County Information
Stonewall County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Stonewall County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Stonewall County Tax Appraiser.
- The Stonewall County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Stonewall County.
- The Stonewall County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Stonewall County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Stonewall County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Stonewall County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Stonewall County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-989-2633. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Stonewall County assessor's office at 940-989-2715. Please call the assessor's office in Aspermont before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Stonewall County Courthouse at 940-989-2272.