Sterling County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Sterling County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sterling County, Texas. You can contact the Sterling County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Sterling County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 819The Sterling County Assessor's Office is located in Sterling City, Texas. Sterling City is the county seat of Sterling County, where most local government offices are located.
Sterling County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sterling County Information
Sterling County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sterling County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sterling County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sterling County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sterling County.
- The Sterling County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sterling County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sterling County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sterling County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sterling County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-378-3041. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Sterling City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sterling County Courthouse at 325-378-5191.