Stephens County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Stephens County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Stephens County, Texas. You can contact the Stephens County Assessor for:
- Checking the Stephens County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
200 W Walker StThe Stephens County Assessor's Office is located in Breckenridge, Texas. Breckenridge is the county seat of Stephens County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Stephens County Courthouse, at 200 West Walker Street.
Stephens County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Stephens County Information
Stephens County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Stephens County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Stephens County Tax Appraiser.
- The Stephens County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Stephens County.
- The Stephens County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Stephens County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Stephens County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Stephens County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Stephens County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 254-559-2732. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Stephens County assessor's office at 254-559-2960. Please call the assessor's office in Breckenridge before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Stephens County Courthouse at 254-559-3181.