Starr County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Starr County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Starr County, Texas. You can contact the Starr County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Starr County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
401 N Britton AvenueThe Starr County Assessor's Office is located in Rio Grande City, Texas. Rio Grande City is the county seat of Starr County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Starr County Courthouse, at 401 North Britton Avenue, Room 205.
Starr County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Starr County Information
Starr County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Starr County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Starr County Tax Appraiser.
- The Starr County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Starr County.
- The Starr County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Starr County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Starr County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Starr County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Starr County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 956-487-8139. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Starr County assessor's office at 956-487-8672. Please call the assessor's office in Rio Grande City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Starr County Courthouse at 956-487-8015.