Somervell County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Somervell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Somervell County, Texas. You can contact the Somervell County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Somervell County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
PO Box 1098The Somervell County Assessor's Office is located in the Somervell County Annex in Glen Rose, Texas. Glen Rose is the county seat of Somervell County, where most local government offices are located.
Somervell County Assessor Contact Information
Somervell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Somervell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Somervell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Somervell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Somervell County.
- The Somervell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Somervell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Somervell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Somervell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Somervell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 254-897-2419. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Somervell County assessor's office at 254-897-3018. Please call the assessor's office in Glen Rose before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Somervell County Courthosue at 254-897-2206.