Shackelford County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Shackelford County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Shackelford County, Texas. You can contact the Shackelford County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Shackelford County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 2797The Shackelford County Assessor's Office is located in Albany, Texas. Albany is the county seat of Shackelford County, where most local government offices are located.
Shackelford County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Shackelford County Information
Shackelford County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Shackelford County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Shackelford County Tax Appraiser.
- The Shackelford County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Shackelford County.
- The Shackelford County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Shackelford County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Shackelford County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Shackelford County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Shackelford County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-762-2232. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Shackelford County assessor's office at 325-762-3432. Please call the assessor's office in Albany before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Shackelford County Courthouse at 325-762-2232.