Scurry County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Scurry County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Scurry County, Texas. You can contact the Scurry County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Scurry County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
1806 25Th StThe Scurry County Assessor's Office is located in Snyder, Texas. Snyder is the county seat of Scurry County, where most local government offices are located.
Scurry County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Scurry County Information
Scurry County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Scurry County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Scurry County Tax Appraiser.
- The Scurry County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Scurry County.
- The Scurry County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Scurry County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Scurry County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Scurry County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Scurry County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-573-9316. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Scurry County assessor's office at 325-573-1687. Please call the assessor's office in Snyder before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Scurry County Courthouse at 325-573-8576.