Schleicher County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Schleicher County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Schleicher County, Texas. You can contact the Schleicher County Assessor for:
- Checking the Schleicher County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 536The Schleicher County Assessor's Office is located in Eldorado, Texas. Eldorado is the county seat of Schleicher County, where most local government offices are located.
Schleicher County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Schleicher County Information
Schleicher County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Schleicher County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Schleicher County Tax Appraiser.
- The Schleicher County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Schleicher County.
- The Schleicher County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Schleicher County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Schleicher County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Schleicher County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Schleicher County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-853-3066. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Eldorado before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Schleicher County Courthouse at 325-853-2766.