San Saba County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The San Saba County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in San Saba County, Texas. You can contact the San Saba County Assessor for:
- Checking the San Saba County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
500 E Wallace StThe San Saba County Assessor's Office is located in San Saba, Texas. San Saba is the county seat of San Saba County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the San Saba County Courthouse, at 500 East Wallace.
San Saba County Assessor Contact Information
Additional San Saba County Information
San Saba County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the San Saba County Tax Assessor may also serve as the San Saba County Tax Appraiser.
- The San Saba County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in San Saba County.
- The San Saba County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The San Saba County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in San Saba County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting San Saba County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the San Saba County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-372-5325. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the San Saba County assessor's office at 325-372-5425. Please call the assessor's office in San Saba before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the San Saba County Courthouse at 325-372-3635.