San Jacinto County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The San Jacinto County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in San Jacinto County, Texas. You can contact the San Jacinto County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the San Jacinto County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
1 State Highway 150 Rm 5The San Jacinto County Assessor's Office is located in Coldspring, Texas. Coldspring is the county seat of San Jacinto County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the San Jacinto County government, at 111 State Hwy. 150, Room C5.
San Jacinto County Assessor Contact Information
Additional San Jacinto County Information
San Jacinto County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the San Jacinto County Tax Assessor may also serve as the San Jacinto County Tax Appraiser.
- The San Jacinto County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in San Jacinto County.
- The San Jacinto County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The San Jacinto County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in San Jacinto County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting San Jacinto County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the San Jacinto County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 936-653-3292. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the San Jacinto County assessor's office at 936-653-2533. Please call the assessor's office in Coldspring before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the San Jacinto County government at 936-653-4331.