San Augustine County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The San Augustine County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in San Augustine County, Texas. You can contact the San Augustine County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the San Augustine County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
203 Courthouse StreetThe San Augustine County Assessor's Office is located in San Augustine, Texas. San Augustine is the county seat of San Augustine County, where most local government offices are located.
San Augustine County Assessor Contact Information
Additional San Augustine County Information
San Augustine County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the San Augustine County Tax Assessor may also serve as the San Augustine County Tax Appraiser.
- The San Augustine County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in San Augustine County.
- The San Augustine County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The San Augustine County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in San Augustine County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting San Augustine County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the San Augustine County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 936-275-2300. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the San Augustine County assessor's office at 936-275-9579. Please call the assessor's office in San Augustine before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the San Augustine County Courthouse at 936-275-2762.