Sabine County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Sabine County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sabine County, Texas. You can contact the Sabine County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Sabine County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 716The Sabine County Assessor's Office is located in Hemphill, Texas. Hemphill is the county seat of Sabine County, where most local government offices are located.
Sabine County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sabine County Information
Sabine County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sabine County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sabine County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sabine County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sabine County.
- The Sabine County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sabine County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sabine County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sabine County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sabine County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 409-787-2257. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sabine County assessor's office at 409-787-4753. Please call the assessor's office in Hemphill before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sabine County Courthouse at 409-787-3543.