Rusk County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Rusk County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rusk County, Texas. You can contact the Rusk County Assessor for:
- Checking the Rusk County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
115 N Main StThe Rusk County Assessor's Office is located in Henderson, Texas. Henderson is the county seat of Rusk County, where most local government offices are located.
Rusk County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rusk County Information
Rusk County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rusk County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rusk County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rusk County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rusk County.
- The Rusk County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rusk County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rusk County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rusk County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rusk County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-657-0315. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Henderson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Rusk County Courthouse at 903-657-0330.